Residential Aeroseal Duct Sealing in Northern Virginia
Indoor Air Quality Solutions
Although your home’s air duct system isn’t apparent to the naked eye, it shouldn’t be one of those things that is out of sight, out of mind. If your home’s ducts are poorly sealed or not sealed at all, they are allowing conditioned air to leave your home and are bringing in outside air, wasting your energy and money! Insulating and sealing the ducts in your attic, basement, and crawl space is a cost-efficient, effective way to keep more money in your pocket instead of losing it to your energy bills.
Founded in 1995, Atlantic Duct Cleaning is a trusted industry leader in providing professional indoor air quality solutions for homes throughout the Northern Virginia area. Our trained technicians can improve your leaky air ducts with Aeroseal duct sealing! It’s more effective than traditional air duct sealing because it saves time and covers the gaps more effectively!
Tired of paying high energy bills? Schedule service online with Atlantic Duct Cleaning! Our NADCA-certified technicians will help you decide if Aeroseal duct sealing is the right choice for your Northern Virginia home!
Problems with Leaky Ductwork
Leaky ductwork can account for up to 40 percent of total heating and cooling costs. For an average home, leaky ducts can waste hundreds of dollars each year. Without proper air duct maintenance, you’re putting your family and your Northern Virginia home at risk for the following issues:
- Uneven heating. When conditioned air is lost through holes in your ductwork, it makes it much more difficult for a room to reach and even stay at your ideal temperature.
- Increased costs. If your ductwork is leaking, you are allowing the conditioned air to leak out AND allowing unconditioned air to come in. This forces your heating or cooling system to exert unnecessary energy to constantly bring your home back to a comfortable temperature.
- Increased humidity. When an air duct leaks in your home’s attic or crawl space, it pulls in humid, dirty air. This promotes mold growth, which causes problems with allergies and asthma for you and your family!
- Excess energy use. Leaky ductwork forces your HVAC system to work harder and wear out sooner—costing you yet more money! Reduce future costly repairs by properly sealing your home’s ducts today!
The Aeroseal Process
Benefits of Residential Aeroseal Duct Sealing
In homes throughout the Northern Virginia area, we often find that unclean air and contaminants from the crawl space, attic, and other places can actually be pulled into the air you and your family breathe! If your family is suffering from allergies caused by poor air quality or your home’s temperature is constantly uncomfortable, Aeroseal duct sealing will help:
- Increase energy savings
- Improve air quality
- Minimize musty odors and excessive dust
- Limit air contamination
The Aeroseal Duct Sealing Process
Aeroseal Duct Sealing is a highly effective method for sealing leaks in air duct systems, improving energy efficiency, and enhancing indoor air quality. It offers a convenient and non-invasive alternative to traditional duct sealing methods that require extensive manual labor or access to hard-to-reach areas. Here's how it is typically performed:
- Preparation: Before the sealing process begins, the HVAC system is thoroughly inspected to identify any leaks or gaps in the ductwork. This may involve accessing the ducts through access points or registers.
- Cleaning: To ensure optimal adhesion and sealing, the ducts are cleaned to remove any dust, debris, or contaminants that may interfere with the process. This step helps to improve the longevity and effectiveness of the seal.
- Sealing Process: A licensed technician introduces small aerosol particles made up of adhesive polymers and sealant material into the duct system. These particles are released from a device that is connected to the ductwork. The aerosol particles are carried by the airflow and adhere to the edges of the leaks and gaps in the ducts.
- Sealant Distribution: As the aerosol particles flow through the ductwork, the pressure within the ducts causes them to accumulate and build up around the edges of the leaks. This process continues until the leaks are effectively sealed.
- Monitoring and Verification: During the sealing process, specialized equipment, such as pressure sensors and computer software, is used to monitor the progress and effectiveness of the seal. This helps ensure that the desired level of sealing is achieved.
- Post-Sealing Inspection: Once the sealing process is completed, a final inspection is conducted to ensure that all leaks have been properly sealed. This may involve using diagnostic tools, such as thermal imaging cameras or airflow meters, to detect any remaining leaks.
Our Clients Say It Best
Improve Air Quality and Reduce Costs
Atlantic Duct Cleaning offers high-quality air purification and duct sealing throughout Northern Virginia & Maryland. By utilizing high-quality equipment and promoting the highest levels of training and quality standards, we have completed over 160,000 successful projects! Your family deserves to relax in a comfortable home, and Atlantic Duct Cleaning can make that happen!
If you’re in the Northern Virginia and Maryland area and are interested in residential Aeroseal duct sealing, schedule service online or give us a call at (571) 462-2016! In addition to Aeroseal duct sealing, our other residential services include air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Aeroseal duct sealing differ from traditional duct sealing methods?
Unlike traditional duct sealing methods that often require extensive manual labor or access to hard-to-reach areas, Aeroseal duct sealing is a convenient and non-invasive alternative. It utilizes aerosol particles that are carried by the airflow and distributed throughout the ductwork, sealing leaks from within. This method saves time, covers gaps more effectively, and ensures optimal sealing results.
How long does the Aeroseal duct sealing process take?
The duration of the Aeroseal duct sealing process can vary depending on the size and complexity of the duct system. However, in most cases, it can be completed within a few hours. The process typically includes preparation, cleaning, sealing, monitoring, verification, and a final inspection to ensure all leaks are properly sealed.
Is Aeroseal duct sealing safe for my home and family?
Yes, Aeroseal duct sealing is safe for your home and family. The sealant used in the process is non-toxic and has been tested and verified to comply with safety standards. The particles are carried by the airflow within the ductwork and do not pose any health risks when properly applied by trained technicians.
What are the benefits of Aeroseal duct sealing?
Aeroseal duct sealing offers numerous benefits, including increased energy savings by reducing air leakage, improved indoor air quality by preventing the entry of contaminants and allergens, enhanced comfort with more consistent room temperatures, minimized musty odors and excessive dust, and prolonged HVAC system lifespan by reducing strain and wear. It is a cost-efficient solution that helps you save money on energy bills while enjoying a healthier and more comfortable living environment.